Policies, Rules and Regulations
Reservations and Office
- Please register at the office upon arrival. We will make every effort to accommodate your request of a specific site, or we will assign an available site.
- Check out time is 1 pm, so all available sites will be open then. If you are an early arrival and your site is open, you may register and set up immediately. Please call for instructions if you will be later than 8 pm.
- Please renew your campsite by noon if you are staying an additonal night. You may arrange for a late departure as long as your site is not reserved. A fee may apply.
- Sorry, we do not give refunds for early departures or adverse weather. A credit for a later visit, in the same calendar year, may be issued at the discretion of the office.
- We welcome daily visitors between the hours of 10 am-8 pm. Please have your guest stop at the office for a visitor pass/car pass. All visitors must park in designated parking areas. We reserve the right to limit or refuse visitors during peak times.
- Our rates are based upon two adults with their children (maximum of four) under the age of eighteen. Please see our rates for a detailed breakdown.
- We allow one camping unit and one vehicle per site. Please park on your campsite and hang your parking pass from your rear-view mirror, facing out for the security guard to see. All sites can accommodate a screen house.
Safety and Conduct
- We love our children! Please limit your speed to 10 mph throughout the campground.
- For the enjoyment of all, our quiet time is 10 pm to 7 am. Music should be off at 10 pm and television should be low enough not to be heard at neighboring sites. At all times, we ask that radio, television, and stereo volume be played at reasonable levels.
- Campfire rings are provided on all tent sites, and portable fireplaces are available for our full hook-up sites. All fires must be safely contained within the rings and totally extinguished by midnight. The burning of pallets, construction debris, or pressure treated lumber is not allowed. NH State Law prohibits out of state wood, the moving of fireplaces and the cutting or damaging of trees. State law also requires fires to be no higher than two feet (knee-height). To discourage our furry visitors, please do not put trash in the rings!
- Children are welcome to ride their bikes and use the playground until dusk. Routinely the gameroom closes at 8 pm, however for July and August the gameroom will be closed at 9 pm.
- Please respect one another by using appropriate language and behavior at all times. Adults of legal age may consume alcohol at their site, but no excessive drinking, drinking games, or visible alcohol containers may be displayed. Please remember we are a safety minded family campground so properly store your alcohol cans and bottles out of sight. Absolutely no illegal drug use.
- No fireworks or firearms may be used at any time, as per local and state laws.
- Shel-Al cannot be responsible for loss or theft, therefore, please secure your own valuables. The campground is not responsible for any accidents or injuries resulting in or around the campground.
- Be ever mindful of changing weather conditions and take proper precautions when extreme conditions exist.
- Pets must be quiet, leashed, cleaned up after, and never left alone. Proof of rabies shots must be presented at the time of registration.
- We appreciate your help in keeping our bath houses clean. The buildings are checked frequently, and each is closed for one hour daily for a thorough cleaning. Please report any problems or concerns to the office as soon as possible.
- New Hampshire Law prohibits surface dumping of sewage or gray water. For RV's, please use airtight sewer connections, such as a donut gasket, and for tent trailers, please use ground containers to catch any discharge.
- Please use our dishwashing sink, at the rear of the front bath house, for your dishwashing needs. Washing cars or RVs is not permitted, nor is the use of kiddie pools.